Indie favorite developer Dejobaan has come out and announced by not announcing that they have a sequel to their hit indie game AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!! A Reckless Disregard for Gravity. Actually the guys over at Dejobaan HQ are calling it a semi-sequel… so I’m not really sure just what it is, but seeing as how it’s one awesome indie game I’ll certainly take it!
But that’s not really what this post is about. I mean, sure that’s where the big news is and the draw. Really it was mostly just bait to get you into this thread… HAHAHA! Welcome to my spider web of lies! … and contests. Where you can win things.
Seriously though, Dejobaan has put up a contest for aspiring designers. They currently want/need billboards and fake ads for the upcoming “semi-sequel” to make it more enjoyable.
Here are the details:
You want to be immortalized in a Dejobaan game!
The semi-sequel to our 2009 hit, AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!! is coming. The cleverest captioned photos will appear in the game and will net their creators a free copy on Steam, once it’s out at the end of the year! (Yes, we haven’t officially announced the new game. Don’t tell anyone.)
- Go to Morguefile.com, and search for an awesome image. Use that as your background.
- Come up with hilarious foreground text to put on top of that image.
- Send the composited image (background plus text in the same picture, 512×1024 preferred) and a link to the original Morguefile.com picture to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Deadline:(Updated!) Friday 9/30/11 at 11:59pm EST.
- We’ll announce the winners by the following Monday.
If you think you’ve got the chops you can not only be featured in the game, but you’ll get a copy of the game for free. How cool is that?
Here’s an example of what they’re looking for:
For more details or to simply browse their website, hit the link below!