Positech Games has announced the release of a new update for its strategy title Gratuitous Space Battles, bringing the game to v1.31. The patch includes a various list of improvements, tweaks and additions as well as several bug fixes to the RTS.
You can grab the update from your respective place of digital purchase (Steam, Impulse, etc.) If you haven’t had a chance to check out the game yet, you can play the demo on Steam.
From the change log:
Gratuitous Space Battles v1.31
The major changes include:
- Added flickering and slow growth in visual effect for missile flares.
- Improvements to performance of various bits of the battle screen.
- Fixed bug that rendered the module icons for ships on the deployment screen unclickable.
- Added a new tutorial pop-up to explain that you get more honor when re-fighting a mission.
- Slight improvements to some cruiser explosion effects.
- Fixed a graphical bug where some turrets seemed to fire but no bullets would appear.
- Fixed graphical glitch with pulsing text on text edit boxes.
- Stopped the current scenario details reloading every time you scroll on the battle screen.
- Fixed hang on start-up involving multi threading message checks on certain PCs.
- Fixed crash bug when you hit the delete key on deployment screen whilst also dragging a ship.
- Fixed range indicator UI on deployment screen so they are the right size now…(oops)
- Added new tribe-specific debris, so they don’t re-use another races.
- Changed the tribe and alliance engine glow particle effect to be less blocky
- Changed engine glow effect so it oscillates smoothly in size rather than flickering suddenly
- Fixed minor rendering bug on the deployment screen (window 3d highlight was wrong)